In this week's episode we conclude February food month with a bowl of cereal, I share some suggestions for Mac and Cheese, and we find out what foods Donna likes. Welcome to Blog Oklahoma.
Welcome to Blog Oklahoma
(sounds of a bowl of cereal)
There is nothing like a good bowl of cereal. It's something you can enjoy anytime. It's simple: a bowl, a spoon, some cereal, and a little milk. Maybe some fruit. What kind of cereal do you like? Me I'm partial to rice krispies, but I wouldn't say no to a bowl of corn flakes or raisin bran. Way back when I ate sugar (listen to last week's episode for more on that) I would often have in the cupboard a big box of Captain Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, or the big bag of Golden Puffs.
When I was growing up we've always had cereal in the house, even when money was tight. Instead of getting name brand Cheerios, we would get store brand Toasty Os. And they were just as good.
In fact just now I'm enjoying a bowl of Great Value Crisp Rice cereal as a nice afternoon snack.
Cereal, it's good.
This episode's writing suggestion
What is your favorite cereal
Here are Donna's top 5 favorite foods.
- 5. Tuna Patties
- 4. Hamburgers
- 3. Pizza
- 2. Shepherd's Pie
- 1. Steak and Potatoes
Links from this episode
- Great Value Crisp Rice Cereal 24 oz - Walmart
- Great Value Premium Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Mix, 14 oz - Walmart
- Extra: Remembering Bill Paxton: A good guy in life, and a moral tangle on screen - EW
- Our CafePress Store
This episode's bonus interesting articles
- On February 23, 1940, folk singer Woody Guthrie writes on of his best-known songs, "This Land is Your Land." - Instagram
- Discover 42 Unusual Things to Do in Oklahoma - Atlas Obscura
- Why I’m leaving Snapchat and so are all your friends - Medium
- Another option for file sharing - Google Security Blog
- Øvret Peltesh (Goodwell, OK) - Kcymaerxthaere
- Of Age and Craftsmen (Hinton, OK) - Kcymaerxthaere
This episode's bonus musical selection
You can listen To the Blog Oklahoma Bonus playlist on Spotify. Enjoy.
- New To The Playlist:
Are you someone who blogs in or about Oklahoma? Then you already qualify for web ring membership. Join Blog Oklahoma today! (blogoklahoma.com)
I'm happy to announce as of (date), Blog Oklahoma has (count) registered Oklahoma bloggers.
Connect with us