Well, we got to start somewhere.
- Sunday, October 17, 2021 14:54
Blog Oklahoma Newsletter
Well, we got to start somewhere. Welcome to the first edition of the Blog Oklahoma newsletter.
As many of you may have noticed the Blog Oklahoma Podcast has been on an extended hiatus since January 2021. First, I apologize for all the false starts. I would think I could put out a new episode, I’d make an announcement on the social spaces, and then something would happen preventing me from doing it. Hardware problems, time management, bouts of depression, writer's block, and a bad case of “I don’t wanna”, would put a hold on much of what I wanted to do regarding the podcast.
None of this is an excuse. Yes, I admit it. I'm a bad content producer.
One of the elements of the podcast I really enjoyed doing, believe it or not, was putting together all the extras I add to the show notes. The things like links to interesting articles, videos, and music and sharing some of the fun day-to-day stuff, what I learned at work, or some family news. Yes, all these things can be shared on places like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Mastodon, and much of it is, but it’s all lost in the stream of noise that is modern social media.
That’s where this newsletter comes in. It's not something that will ephemerally appear in your algorithmically controlled newsfeeds. It's an email. It'll show up in your inbox and you can read it at your leisure. If you subscribe that is. Ha!
That's enough for now. More later. Let's get to the fun stuff.
- The Nib -- This Work Will Kill You: Horror Movies for Freelancers
- Microsoft -- Upgrade to Windows 11
- Time -- Facebook Will Not Fix Itself
- Nondoc -- ‘Instability’: Hundreds of Oklahoma property tax protests leave schools in limbo
- Salon -- Road to nowhere: Oklahoma's Donald J. Trump Highway runs through the Dust Bowl
- Tulsa World -- Mystery solved: Why is a Columbo statue in the yard of a Tulsa home?
- Nondoc -- How to find a therapist in Oklahoma
- Ambition & Balance -- The Complete Guide to Staying Productive Using Voice Assistant
- Quartz -- (LinkedIn) The last US-owned social media platform in China is closing down
I'll share even more articles like these on Redddit at r/blogoklahoma. Let's talk about them, please feel free to join the conversation.
- gionmusic -- "I Enjoy Being A Girl", Carol Burnett, Chita Rivera, Caterina Valente
- ALTER -- Drácula (1931) Spanish Language Version (subtitled)
- Thomas Frank -- How to Organize Your Calendar - The Ultimate Guide
- NetworkChuck -- How to build a Raspberry Pi NAS (it’s AWESOME!!)
- Chelsea Parks -- Cyr Wheel LIVE at Mix Tape
- Amazon Prime -- The Wheel Of Time – Official Teaser Trailer
Don't forget to subscribe to the Blog Oklahoma YouTube channel. There will be new videos there eventually. Ha!
- If I Was a Cowboy by Miranda Lambert
- How Soon Is Now by Emma Blackery
- Crutch by Band of Horses
- Beggin' by Måneskin
- Gasolina by Daddy Yankee (Spanish)
I’ve added even more great music to the Blog Oklahoma Bonus playlist on Spotify. There are many hours of music for you to listen to. Click random and enjoy.
Did you know we have our own CafePress store? There you can purchase a t-shirt, coffee mug, and other great items with the Blog Oklahoma Podcast artwork on them. Just head on over to cafepress.com/blogoklahomapodcast.
Connect With Blog Oklahoma
Your feedback is important. So please feel free contact me with your comments or questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Twitter: @blogoklahoma
- Instagram: @blogoklahoma
UPDATE 10/17: After thinking about it, I’m going to post the newsletter here in the Blog Oklahoma Podcast Blog a few days after It’s sent to the newsletter subscribers. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to message me. -K.