Thinking of Donuts
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 00:00
Blog Oklahoma Newsletter
This morning (Monday) was spent at the doctor’s office for my regular A1C test. Just one of the many benefits of being diabetic. Every three months I get to visit the doctor, answer a few questions, and get blood drawn. In about a day or two I’ll get the results along with any new recommendations from my doctor.
An A1C test tells you your average level of blood sugar over the past 3 months. High numbers are bad. Non-diabetics will get a result of 4% or less, and diabetics 6.5% or more. I usually sit around 7%. Not the best score for sure, but manageable.
Luckily my kind of diabetes doesn’t require insulin shots or constant blood glucose monitoring. For me it’s a regiment of medication, diet, and exercise. I fail miserably at the last two. Sigh.
If you would like to learn more about the A1C test checkout these articles:
- Mayo Clinic: A1c Test
- WebMD: Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Test for Diabetes
- American Diabetes Association: A1C does it all
More later. Time to stop thinking about donuts.
State Politics, COVID-19, and Vaccinations (Please, get vaccinated.)
- Public Radio Tulsa - Gov. Stitt names new Oklahoma National Guard commander, gives no reason for change
- OKC Fox - Fmr. head of Oklahoma National Guard speaks after his abrupt replacement
- Tulsa World - Oklahoma National Guard changes policy on COVID-19 vaccinations
- Axios - Pentagon to respond "appropriately" after Oklahoma Guard moves not to follow vaccine mandate
- Tulsa World - 'A little blind': Officials, health experts frustrated after State Health Department stops publishing local COVID-19 data
- MacRumors - Apple Announces 'Business Essentials' Service for Small Businesses
- MetroMatics - Add The Weather to Your Calendar (Google, Outlook, etc.)
- The Oklahoman - Some Oklahomans could see their natural gas bill double this winter. Here's why
You can find even more articles like these on Blog Oklahoma's Subredddit at r/blogoklahoma.
- Bernadette Banner - VICTORIAN SECRET PANTS | Making an 1890s Split Skirt
- Colin Furze - Going Underground: Bunker and Tunnel
- Antenna Man - Five Ways Antenna Viewers Mess Up Their TV Reception
- The Slow Mo Guys - Slow Mo Rainbow Fire Tornado
- Film Theory - Thanos Tried to Save Us, and Eternals PROVES IT!
Please feel free to subscribe to the Blog Oklahoma YouTube channel.
- Lorem by Spotify (Playlist)
- Hanging Lanterns by Kalaido
- Don't Go Puttin Wishes in My Head by TORRES
- Say Something by Circus Envy
- Life Finds a Way by Helion Prime
I've added even more great music to the Blog Oklahoma Bonus playlist on Spotify for you to enjoy. Please click on the heart to add the playlist to your library.
Your feedback is important. So please feel free contact me with your comments or questions.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Twitter: @blogoklahoma
- Instagram: @blogoklahoma
- Discord: Blog Oklahoma
Did you know Blog Oklahoma has a CafePress store? There you can purchase a t-shirt, coffee mug, and other great items with the Blog Oklahoma Podcast artwork on them. Just head on over to cafepress.com/blogoklahomapodcast.