Daylight Saving Time
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 00:00
Blog Oklahoma Newsletter
It's that time once again when we try to remember how to set our digital alarm clocks. Yes, Daylight Saving Time is again inflicted upon the United States this Sunday, March 13th. Don't get me wrong I like having the extra daylight when I get off work, but I don't like making the adjustment. We, as a country, need to decide to stay on Daylight Time permanently or abolish the practice altogether. Who's with me?
Anyway, since we're messing with our clocks, this is a good opportunity to remind you to put new batteries in your smoke and CO detectors this Sunday too.
I also hope you'll join me in keeping the good people of Ukraine in your thoughts. If you wish to provide monetary assistance to the Ukrainian people, please make sure you're using a reputable organization to do so. There are already reports of scammers trying to take advantage of the situation. The Better Business Bureau has provided a list of vetted organizations which includes Save the Children and the Salvation Army.
And finally, Donna and I are taking a much-needed vacation next week. So, there won't be a newsletter next Monday. The newsletter will return on March 21st.
More later. Time to do some timey-wimey stuff.
- CNN Live Updates: Russia invades Ukraine
- Scammers using Ukraine crisis to deceive people
- 'Ticking time bomb': Russian ransomware attacks are coming. What small businesses should do right now.
- Stoli rebrands vodka and will no longer use Stolichnaya name amid Russia invading Ukraine
- In two years of COVID, Oklahoma has come far, but 'we'd be foolish to say that this is over right now'
- Americans should get ready for $5 a gallon gas, analyst warns
- BBB Tips on Donations to Assist Ukraine Relief Efforts
- Tor Project | Anonymity Online\
- @feditips on Shortwave Radio
- Oklahoma High School Sports Forum (Basketball Playoffs Time)
- In Space with Markiplier | Official Trailer
- The Potato Revolution
- Ranking Peanut Butter | Bless Your Rank
- Chrome OS Flex : Turn Old Computers into Chromebooks
- A troubling trend in lighting?
- Won't Stand Down by Muse (Alt)
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac (Rock)
- Sheena is a Punk Rocker by The Ramones (Punk)
- Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction (Alt)
Your feedback is important. So please feel free contact me at blogoklahoma.com/contact with your comments or questions. We would love for you to join the Blog Oklahoma Community on Discord at blogoklahoma.com/discord. If you're new here, please feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at blogoklahoma.com/newsletter. You can learn more about Blog Oklahoma at blogoklahoma.com/about.
Have a great week everyone. Until next time.