- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 00:00
Blog Oklahoma Newsletter
Another week of politics in Oklahoma. This Wednesday through Friday (13th-15th), Oklahoma federal, state, legislative, judicial, district attorney, and county candidates will file to run for office. This is when we get to learn who's running and for what office; and find out which candidates filled out their forms in crayon.
How much junk mail have you gotten yet from political candidates? I think we've gotten a postcard or flyer every mail day. It's only going to get worse from here. Seriously, candidates, one is enough. I don't need to be reminded about you every week. Likely not going to vote for you anyway. You spend too much money on paper and postage.
More later. Time to decide on chili or no chili, it's hot dog night!
- Senate confirms Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court
- Candidate Filing Period to Formally Kick Off Oklahoma’s 2022 Campaign Season
- Biden administration urges justices to reject Oklahoma claim of jurisdiction
- How r/place – a massive and chaotic collaborative art project on Reddit – showcased the best and worst of online spaces
- An incident in SF shows what happens when an autonomous vehicle gets pulled over by police
- Canva: How to create graphics that don't suck
- Instant Pot Elote Chowder (Mexican Street Corn Chowder)
- The Russia I grew up in doesn't exist anymore
- The U.S. Interstate Highway System Explained
- Awakening by Unleash The Archers (Metal)
- Slow Ride (Live) by Foghat (Rock)
- Ultraviolet by Silverstein (Rock)
- We Are by Jon Batiste (Album / Jazz)
Your feedback is important. So please feel free to contact me at blogoklahoma.com/contact with your comments or questions. We would love for you to join the Blog Oklahoma Community on Discord at blogoklahoma.com/discord. If you're new here, please feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at blogoklahoma.com/newsletter. You can learn more about Blog Oklahoma at blogoklahoma.com/about.
Have a great week everyone. Until next time.
PS: I promised myself I wouldn't let this newsletter get too political, try to keep things lighthearted, but still pass along the important political news. So, I edited out a few paragraphs. Oklahoma politics can really break your heart at times with its outright hypocrisy, dishonesty, and lack of respect and care. I may post what I wrote on my personal social media later. Love one another. - K.