Comments on the Insurrection at the Capitol
Welcome to Blog Oklahoma
I started writing the script for this episode on Monday, January 4th, 2021. It was going to be a lighthearted episode with a few jokes, and I was going to share this year’s goals for the podcast. You know I was going to start the podcasting year off right.
That all changed on Wednesday, January 6th. With everything that is happening in our country right now, like many of you I’ve been glued to the news.
On that Wednesday afternoon a mob of pro-Trump supporters invaded the U.S. Capitol building in open insurrection to our country in order to stop the certification of electoral college votes. Lives were lost, many people were injured, and property was stolen, damaged, and vandalized. The insurrectionists failed. After many hours, order was finally restored. Later that night the House and Senate reconvened and finish certifying the electoral votes.
Our country has been embarrassed by a delusional mob whipped into a frenzy by a big lie and a small man. Our great state has been embarrassed by our own elected legislators who’ve embraced that big lie and who’ve put petty party politics over country and the people.
And on a personal level this puts a dark mark on an already emotional day. You see January 6th is a special day for my family, it’s my late mother’s birthday. A day where we remember her with fondness and love and miss her even more.
The true faces of the demons in our society have been reviled and they are ugly and all wearing red hats.
The fall out from this event is ongoing. The insurrectionists are being arrested as we speak, people who attended that Trump rally are being outed, and Donald Trump has made history by being impeached by the House for a second time. Worse yet, in a time there was hope for a new beginning there is now a growing fear of more violence by this lunatic fringe of cult like followers of Donald J Trump.
So, as you can tell I’m not really in the mood to put together a normal episode right now. I’m going to delay things a little bit longer on those. Sorry about this to you who are looking forward to new episodes.
And hopefully, hopefully, after January 20th, things will calm down and slowly begin to normalize again. If you can call life in the last few years, normal.
If you would like more details about this insurrection and the fallout from it, I’ll have links in the show notes.
Oh and if something else does happen in the next few days and you hear some loud cursing echoing on the wind from western Oklahoma, that was probably me. Sorry about that.
That all said, I truly wish you all the best in this new year. Please be safe out there. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and get vaccinated when it’s your turn. I’ll be back soon with an all new episode.
Links From This Episode
- 2021 storming of the United States Capitol
- Woman dies after shooting in U.S. Capitol; D.C. National Guard activated after mob breaches building
- Senator Mitch McConnell Full Remarks on Electoral College
- U.S. Capitol Locked Down During Electoral College Vote Count & Certification
- President-elect Joe Biden Full Remarks on "Siege" at U.S. Capitol
- Vice President Mike Pence: "Today was a dark day in the history of the United States Capitol."
- Sen. Mitt Romney remarks following Capitol Lock Down
- Majority of Oklahoma members object to Biden’s election after riot overtakes U.S. Capitol
- Joe Biden certified as next President of the United States
- U.S. Attorney: Oklahomans who traveled to participate in Capitol riots will be charged
- Sen. James Lankford apologizes to Black Tulsans for questioning presidential election results
- Governor Schwarzenegger's Message Following this Week's Attack on the Capitol
- This is a wake up call for Republicans
This Episode's Bonus Interesting Articles
- WhatsApp vs Telegram vs Signal: A Detailed Comparison of Features and Privacy
- WhatsApp gives users an ultimatum: Share data with Facebook or stop using the app
- SEDITION! - A Randy Rainbow Parody
Connect With Blog Oklahoma
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- YouTube: blogoklahoma
- Twitter: @blogoklahoma
- Instagram: @blogoklahoma
- Pixelfed: @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telegram: @blogoklahoma
- Reddit: r/blogoklahoma
- Spotify: Blog Oklahoma Bonus Playlist
Support Blog Oklahoma
- MXL 990 microphone
- Behringer Ultravoice XM18005 microphone
- Behringer Xenyx 800 audio mixer
- Behringer U-Control UCA202 USB Interface